Tuesday 8 January 2008

i love friends.



season 10 - episode 16: The One With Rachel's Going Away Party

this is just one of my favorite episodes from one of my all-time favorite tv shows, friends. this is the episode where rachel says goodbye to each of her friends individually, except for ross. he then gets mad and the two of them end up kissing after she explains that she was putting it off because of how hard saying goodbye to him would be. i remember watching this episode one day, back when i was in the philippines, and was days from leaving. and i couldn't help but cry. i felt what rachel felt. there was just so many people - so many friends that i was gonna miss. of course, the part where rachel tells ross why she found it hard to say goodbye to him was one of my favorite scenes. (can relate? hehe. hmm..)

Rachel: "You really think i didn't say goodbye to you because i don't care."

Ross: "Thats what it seemed like."

Rachel: "I cannot believe that after 10 years, you do not know one thing about me."

Ross: "Fine, then why didn't you say something?"

Rachel: "Because it is too damn hard, ross. I can't even begin to explain to you how much i'm gonna miss you. When i think about not seeing you everyday it makes me not want to go, okay? So if you think that I didn't say goodbye to you because you don't mean as much to me as everybody else, you're wrong. It's because you mean more to me. So there, alrite? There's your goodbye."

this episode is one that reminds of the good times and that i do want to go home and visit. and yes, i swear that i have to go home and visit this year. yes friends, 2008 is the year.

No comments: