Sunday 2 March 2008

to my mom.

Myspace Layouts


ok, so today is Mother's Day. i looked up its definition on the web and according to wikipedia, "Mother's Day is a day honouring mothers, celebrated on various days in many places around the world. Mothers often receive gifts on this day." for those who don't know, in the UK and Ireland, others' Day is also called Mothering Sunday and is usually held on the fourth week of lent which is exactly three weeks before Easter Sunday. in others countries, such like back home in the Phils., it is on the third sunday of may. others would say this is just another hallmark holiday but i don't see any harm or anything wrong in giving your mom a warm tight hug for Mother's Dday.

honestly, my mom and i are on okay terms. we aren't exactly close friends but we're good. although there are times when i just don't get her or understand. and vice versa. i can blame it on age gap. or blame it on responsibility. or blame it on who my mom is and what she can do. or simply blame it on difference of generations. despite all that, we try to make it work. with a little bit of patience and understanding. it's pretty much just like any other relationship that needs working on and making a little piece of effort. and besides, i think my mom is my strength and corny as this may sound, she is like the wind beneath my wings. i would always like to make her proud of me. besides, at the end of the day, she is still my mother. and i will forever be thankful for all that she has done for me and my sister.



Song for Mama - Boyz2Men



Mama - SpiceGirls

just a small piece of advice to people, when it comes to Mother's Day, cards and gifts become insignificant, once you decide to give your moms a big tight embrace and tell her "i love you and thank you." it doesn't matter how old you are or if you think it's corny. those moments are priceless.

to my mom, happy mother's day. thank you. i love you. now and always.

1 comment:

Wendy Lopez-Redaon said...

wow, London people celebrate mother's day on march!I thought it was may for everyone I didn't know that. neway, I hope ur mom gets to read ur post about her especially the part u said "she's the wing beneath your wings" am sure she'll be very happy to hear that! Thanks so much for honoring your mom.